What is 4-H?
University of Wisconsin-Extension programs in 4-H give young people opportunities to learn new skills, gain self-confidence and contribute to their communities.
What are the goals of UW-Extension programs for young people?
- 4-H programs are designed to achieve specific outcomes for youth. Develop capable and responsible young people.
- Create community partnerships with meaningful roles for young people.
- Prepare youth for work.
- Enable youth to deal with violence in their communities.
What does 4-H do for kids? 4-H youth development programs teach young people to:
- Develop and test practical living skills in a safe and supportive “real world” environment.
- Become actively engaged in their communities and better informed about local issues.
- Prepare for the world of work through direct experience with projects and activities that correspond to future career opportunities.
- Experience success in a non-formal learning environment.
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills through public presentation and group work.
What is the 4-H pledge?
4-H IS NOT JUST FOR ANYONE, IT IS FOR EVERYONE!
In 4-H members explore the world around them! 4-H’ers are able to choose from a variety of projects that include animals, arts and crafts, foods, theater and much more! As they explore these projects, 4-H members build skills that can last a lifetime. They can become club officers, activity leaders and project leaders. Whatever your location and interests, there is a place for you in 4-H!
ENROLLMENT OR RE-ENROLLMENT: Remember that current members and leaders need to re-enroll by November 1. As noted above, there will be some changes from previous years. If you have problems, please check Re-Enroll in 4-H through 4HOnline or contact your club leader or the Extension office. If you are new to 4-H, please see Enrolling in 4-H through 4HOnline as a NEW family.
If you have any questions regarding 4-H in Price County, please contact:
Extension Price County
Normal Building, Room 240
104 South Eyder Avenue
Phillips, WI 54555