- Price County 4-H Scholarships for Educational Experiences
- Some 4-H educational travel experiences in Price County are partially sponsored by the Price County 4-H Adult Leaders Association. The Adult Leaders generously offers to pay up to 50% of the cost to attend an educational travel experience.
- To receive support from the Adult Leaders, youth must complete a Portfolio and return it to the Extension office by the due dates (November or January). The portfolio process includes submitting a cover letter and resume, a letter of recommendation, discussion question response and participate in an interview.
- Statewide Educational Experiences Scholarship
- Each year, the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation provides a sum of money to the State 4-H Office for needs-based scholarships for youth to participate in statewide Educational Experiences. Wisconsin 4-H believes that cost should not be a barrier to program participation.
- Price County 4-H Scholarship
- The Price County 4-H Scholarship is for graduating seniors currently enrolled in 4-H. It is sponsored by the Price County 4-H Adult Leaders. Graduating seniors will receive instructions in the mail in February.
- Due: 1st Monday in April at the Extension Office
- Wisconsin 4-H Foundation Scholarship
- The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation will award more than $20,000 in scholarships to outstanding Wisconsin 4-H members and alumni pursuing higher education.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Price County 4-H provides opportunities for members, volunteers, and partners to be recognized for their accomplishments and dedication to the program.
- Achievement – each fall leaders receive a check list of 4-H club members. They are asked to check off if the individual has achieved. Youth achieving receive a disk for their plaques and credit for the years work in 4-H. Achievement may be measured differently with each club group. Be certain your club establishes a policy clearly identifying how one achieves. For example, Independent Members must, 1) complete project work, 2) show at a Fair, and, 3) complete their record book to achieve.
- County Project Awards – are only awarded to youth who complete the green record book. Each club should establish a 1) deadline for submission to the club leader, 2) a core of volunteers to recommend youth in project areas, 3) a plan for submitting books and recommendations to the UW-Extension Office by deadline. Project awards are given to individuals scoring 75 points or more at the county level and will receive a project disc for their plaque.
- 4-H Key Award – the highest distinction one can earn in the 4-H program. It recognizes leadership, project growth, community service and contributions to church and school. Recipients receive a certificate and key award charm/tie tac. This program is sponsored by Wisconsin Farm Bureau and Growmark, Inc. To apply for the Key Award you need to be in 9th grade or above, complete at least three years of 4-H, one year of youth leadership and turn in a Portfolio to Price County Extension. The portfolio process includes submitting a cover letter and resume, a letter of recommendation, discussion question response and participate in an interview.
- Friend of 4-H – given to honor individuals, agencies or organizations that have supported the 4-H program in Price County. These people are not enrolled members of 4-H.
- 4-H Leader Awards (Outstanding 4-H Leader, Outstanding 4-H Club Leader and Outstanding Project or Activity Leader) – awarded to a leader who is recognized as giving substantial contribution to 4-H project leadership and/or 4-H program support.
- Fill out the Nomination Form and return to the Extension Office by the 1st Monday in November.
- Care to Share
- What do you like about 4-H? What would you like to change? The “Care to Share” form gives people the opportunity to identify what is going well, what needs to be improved, and possible solutions. This form has been designed to provide valuable input to the Price County 4-H program. Once completed, this form will be distributed to the appropriate individual or group to address the issue or concern.